Green-Fields Swimming club has established the following Rules and Regulations for the safeguarding of its members and guests and the protection of its property. Since each member has a vested interest in the safe and healthful operation of the Club’s facilities, it is essential that these Rules and Regulations be observed.
The Pool Manager or Assistant Manager, with the assistance of the lifeguards and the Club’s elected officials, has the responsibility to enforce all Rules and Regulations. In the discharge of this responsibility, the Pool Manager is hereby granted full authority to temporarily suspend Club privileges for rule violations. Continue violation of rules may result in revocation of membership. Members observing rule violations should report them to the Manager or Assistant Manager.
Monday through Saturday 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Sunday 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM
The swimming pools must be vacated five minutes before closing time.
The Manager or Assistant manager with the approval of three members of the Board of Directors may extend closing time to 1 hour on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The pool may be closed at specific times for special activities. Advance notice of these activities will be posted on the bulletin board. The Manager or Assistant Manage may close the Club early due to inclement weather or in an emergency. The facility will be reopened when the weather or emergency clears. Lack of attendance is not sufficient reason to close early.
1. Entrance and exit to the parking lot shall be at the south ramp and traffic shall be one-way as indicated by signs. Parking shall be diagonal. There shall be no parking in front of the clubhouse entrance or the gates and only brief standing to pick up or discharge passengers.
2. No loitering is allowed in the parking lot after the pool is closed.
1. All persons, including club members, must identify themselves to the checker on duty at the entrance gate before entering the Club Grounds.
2. Children UNDER TWELVE, unless accompanied by their parents, a non-member babysitter or responsible members, are not permitted on the Club grounds or facilities.
3. Persons suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol shall be prohibited from entering the pool and/or removed from the facility.
4. Bicycle riders shall walk their bicycles through the entrance to the parking stalls and shall place their cycles there. Should there be more bicycles than stalls; bicycles shall be parked adjacent to the parking stalls. Bicycles thrown on the ground or parked outside the prescribed area will be removed from the outside parking lot at the owner’s risk.
5. There shall be no loitering, congregating, or visiting in the entrance, in the checker’s room or the Manager’s office.
1. Members and guests use the pools and facilities at their own risk. The Club will not be responsible for loss or damage to personal property belonging to a member, guest, or visitor.
2. All lost and found items not claimed within three days will be disposed of as management may decide.
3. The cost of damage to Club property will be charged to the member(s) responsible. If a minor child caused the damage, the cost shall be charged to the parent of such a child.
4. No running, pushing, wrestling, ball playing, or undue disturbance will be tolerated near the clubhouse entrance, the pool aprons, upper terrace, and adjacent to or in the snack bar area.
5. Throughout the entire pool facility, most importantly the pool decks, RUNNING, JOGGING or any such action is strictly prohibited, for your safety and the safety of others.
6. Glass containers of any kind are NOT permitted. Food and/or refreshments shall be consumed only in the prescribed areas. No food may be carried to or eaten on the pool apron or in the locker rooms. Alcoholic beverages are permitted only in the picnic area except during Club adult social activities. Again, NO GLASS of any sort.
7. No smoking is permitted on Club property.
8. All trash must be deposited in the containers provided.
9. The tables on the slab near the snack bar are primarily for snack bar patrons. Those bringing their own lunches, etc. are requested to use the picnic area facilities.
10. No chairs or chaise lounges are permitted on the pool decks other than for lifeguard or staff use.
11. Umbrella stakes must not be driven into the lawns.
12. No skateboards, “super-shooters” or water guns will be allowed on Club premises.
13. No dogs or other animals shall be allowed within the Club premises.
GUESTS AND VISITORS
1. Members will be allowed guest and visitor privileges. All applications for such privileges must be made by a member 13 years or older at the entrance gate. Members must remain at the Club with their guests or visitors. Any member who brings a guest or visitor into the Club grounds without registration is subject to suspension. Guests may be required to show proper identification before or during their admittance.
2. Members planning to bring 20 or more guests to the pool on the same day are required to notify the manager in writing three weeks in advance. The Board of Directors must approve all such applications. A complete list of guests for such large groups must be submitted to the Club at least one day prior to visitation.
3. An individual who is a Gloucester County resident is limited to six (6) guest admittances per season. Senior citizens are exempt from this limit.
4. It will be the responsibility of the member to arrange appropriate band testing for any guest twelve and under as outlined in the pool rules section.
5. Guest rates:
a: Adults/Children $10 ($15 on holidays)
b: Seniors $5
c. Children under 2 – no charge
NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
6. Members requesting privileges for houseguests may register them with the Manager or Assistant Manager by presenting a letter addressed to the Board of Directors giving details and paying the required fee at the time the guests arrive. Formal action on said requests will be taken at the next regularly scheduled Board meeting.
7. Member’s houseguests who are non-residents of Gloucester County may be admitted for the following guest fees:
a. Per week per person $35.00
b. Per month per person $75.00
c. Senior citizens per week $15.00
d. Senior citizens per month $35.00
8. Subject to Board approval and upon written application, members may request guest privileges for an individual designated as a “babysitter.” Such privileges may be extended to an individual who has been given the responsibility of providing supervision and care for the child/children upon submission of the required forms and payment of any established fees. Babysitters are permitted at the Club only when supervising the sponsoring member’s children.
1. Before entering the pool, soap showers are required after any strenuous exercise on any athletic court. (This is a State Board of Health Regulation).
2. Admission to the pools shall be refused to anyone showing evidence of skin disease, sore or inflamed eyes, colds, nasal or ear discharges, or any communicable disease, open blisters, cuts, or bandages.
3. Swimmers must wear regular bathing suits. No “cutoffs”, Bermuda shorts, gym shorts, etc. may be worn in the pool.
4. Eye or sunglasses (with plastic lenses) may be worn in any pool by responsible adults for wading only.
5. Talking to the lifeguards while they are on pool guarding duty is not permitted.
6. The kiddie pool and enclosed grounds are limited to children six years and under. Children must be under adult supervision. During the home swim meets and practices, this area will be closed.
7. Children in diapers, plastic pants, and those under 3 years old are not permitted in the main pool.
8. Children in swim diapers are permitted in the intermediate pool.
9. Children twelve and under may use the main and intermediate pools unaccompanied by a responsible individual only after passing a basic swimming test. At the discretion of the Manager, Assistant Manager, or their designee, any swimmer twelve and under will be required to undergo another test. Loss of a band may be possible if requirements are not fulfilled. All children twelve and under will be tested at the beginning of each year. Unauthorized use or lending of bands to unqualified swimmers will result in disciplinary action at the Manager’s discretion. Individuals who do not pass the test are required to wait until the next day to be retested.
a. Basic Test (white ankle band) consists of swimming one length of the main pool in a freestyle stroke with arms recovering over the water and demonstrating the correct breathing methods plus treading water for one minute. Note: White banded swimmers are not permitted in the diving area.
b. Advanced Test (Green ankle band) consists of swimming two lengths of the main pool in a freestyle stroke with arms recovering over the water and demonstrating the correct breathing methods plus treading water for three minutes. Note: Green banded swimmers must also meet a height requirement to use the high dive.
c. Only one band will be worn as earned. The Manager, Assistant Manager, or their designee may replace lost bands for a $1 charge.
10. Responsible individuals accompanying unbanded swimmers in the main pool must be completed in the pool. Those accompanying unbanded swimmers in the intermediate pool must have at least one foot in the water.
11. To be in the diving well or on the diving board, a child must have attained an advanced band or be age 13 or older. The use of the three-meter board is restricted to those individuals meeting the posted height requirement. Accompaniment by a parent is not an acceptable substitute for the advanced band, the minimum age, or height requirement.
12. No diving and jumping from the edge is permitted with the exception of the main pool five-foot end wall or in the designated diving well.
13. No back dives will be permitted from the edge of the main pool, including the edge of the diving well. Additionally, no “sailor dives” (i.e. forward dives without arms extended above the head) will be permitted.
14. Only one person at a time is permitted on the diving boards. All dives must be executed in line with the diving boards. Bouncing on the boards is prohibited.
15. No floating toys are permitted in the main or intermediate pools. No snorkels are permitted and only goggles with plastic lenses are allowed.
16. Spitting or blowing the nose in any pool is prohibited. Any unnecessary roughness, expectoration of water, rowdiness, spouting of water, excessive and aggressive splashing, or other conduct affecting the safety and comfort of others shall not be permitted.
17. Accidents, cuts, bruises, or other injuries must be reported to the manager on duty.
18. Should an “accident” occur in the pool, it will be closed until such time as the Manager on duty determines that the water is sanitary and safe again.
19. All pools must be vacated during an electrical storm.
The Club reserves the right to revised or add to these rules at any time. Additional rules may apply to the tennis court area.
VIOLATIONS OF THE ABOVE RULES MAY RESULT IN DISCIPLINARY ACTION